Monday, July 21, 2014

Chicken On The Barbie

When you think of Australian cuisine, what are your first thoughts? This was mine:



Well, I have to say...when I was invited over for an Australian BBQ, I had my doubts. But, I have to say, I was definitely in for a treat.

The meat of choice was chicken! And, my host was making it the way his dad had made it (kind of sort of). He marinated the chicken in a combination of soy sauce, chili sauce, garlic, & ginger.


Then, he threw on the "barbie"! A lot of the delicious marinade fell to the bottom of the pan so be sure to dump the rest on once the chicken is on the grill!


The chicken was served up with a light salad that had tomatoes, cheese, and light vinaigrette.


I was in charge of the wine selection (of course)! So, I asked my friend at Oak Cliff Cellars what he would recommend. I went with the zinfandel, a nice light red that complimented the BBQ chicken perfectly!


A delicious summer dinner and a wonderful memory :)

No comments:

Post a Comment