Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Schiacciata Alla Fiorentina

My departure date is only 2 and 1/2 weeks away!! As it gets closer, I am getting more and more in an Italian mood. Starting, of course, with food!

My favorite cooking show is called Extra Virgin with Debi Mazar and
Gabriele Corcos on Cooking Channel. They share their delicious Tuscan recipes and love for Italy (and of course they inspire me to get in the kitchen)!

So, this week I decided to try one of their recipes for an Italian cake called Schiacciata Alla Fiorentina.



It was very easy (not to mention tasty)! A light cake with a hint of orange flavor and served with powdered sugar. I personally think it would be amazing with whipped cream and fruit for breakfast!

What I learned, is that this cake is traditional in Italy during Mardi Gras because it's celebrating the end of winter and the beginning of spring (hence the golden color and orange flavor). 

So, get inspired in the kitchen this fall! 

Ciao :)

No comments:

Post a Comment