Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Edible Gift

Ok, I have to admit...I am not a fan of Valentines Day. I think it's over commercialized and just down right silly. And, I usually have this attitude...



HOWEVER! It is an excuse to take cute desserts to your friends! So, this year, I got in the spirit :)

I made a super simple treat for my friends that you could do for ANY holiday!

What You'll Need:
1 container of plain fortune cookies (make sure you have enough for all your friends!)
Chocolate Chips (white chocolate and regular)*
Shortening
Food coloring (since its V-Day, I colored the white chocolate pink...of course!)
SPRINKLES!

*you could also use Almond Bark

Before you start, make sure your sprinkles are ready to go and you have a non stick surface ready to set your cookies on.

I started by melting half of my white chocolate chips with about 1 tablespoon of shortening in the microwave. Start with 1 minute then melt in 30 second intervals until ready. Then, I dipped half the cookie in the chocolate and set them on my non stick surface. I did about 4 at a time so there was time for the chocolate to set enough to hold the sprinkles :) So, after you dip about 4, sprinkle them up! My next batch was pink and the last was regular chocolate. So...they should turn out something like this:


Super cute ;)

For display and easy transportation, I bough a few take out boxes! Again, depending on the holiday, you can get whatever color you want!


So, when your friends open it, they get a sweet surprise!


You get more creative and add your own fortunes!

Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment