Thursday, October 13, 2016

Buzzed on NOLA

This year, I made my first trip to NOLA! As a foodie, I was super excited! Of course...leading up to the trip, there was flooding throughout Louisiana and feared that we would be swimming our way through the French Quarter. But, it turned into beautiful sunny skies so I was able to enjoy our rooftop pool in the Warehouse District.


This was a family vacation and my duty was finding where to eat (of course!). The first day, we just walked through the French Quarter and admired the sites.




And we HAD to go to Cafe du Monde.
Tip: do NOT wait to be seated. There's a window to the right of the restaurant where you can order to-go!


That night, we were exhausted! And we needed to stock up on wine! My go to place now in NOLA is Keife & Co. An amazing selection of wines and also a delicious cheese selection! We also went to Cochon Butcher for our charcuterie board that evening -- AMAZING.



The next day (Friday) was my first restaurant adventure. Of course, narrowing down my selections was quite difficult! But, we went to Restaurant August by Chef John Besh for lunch. I absolutely LOVED my experience there. And I would definitely recommend this to anyone. See photos below
Tip: If you go Friday at lunch, there's a prix fix menu that's an amazing deal! 






That night, we went to Frenchmen Street for jazz music and my personal favorite bar was Bamboula's. But, aside from fabulous music, there's also art and fun markets to check out as well!




On Saturday, my mom and I spent the day checking out antique shops while my dad and brother spent more time in the WWII museum. Then, we met up for lunch at Shaya which was absolutely fabulous! It's modern Israeli cuisine -- it's refreshing and full of flavor.



 






Sunday, was our last full day and we ended it with a bang at Commander's Palace for their jazz brunch. This is an experience. The service is fantastic, the music is entertaining but not overpowering, and the food is comforting. If you have never been, it's definitely a must.









Overall, New Orleans was very tasty :) I look forward to going again soon and eating at even more places!!




No comments:

Post a Comment