Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Cold Weather Soup

I absolutely HATE cold weather. The only redeeming factors it has are:
A) The clothes
2) Soup -- which is my favorite food group

I absolutely love soup. My friends make fun of me and literally ask "is soup all you eat?!". No....no it is not. However, when it's freezing outside, it does make a frequent appearance in my daily meals. Why do I love it so much? It's easy, cheap, and lasts for DAYS. Literally. It's the meal that has no end. You can literally make one soup on Sunday and by Wednesday you can use the same soup to create a new soup! It's like MAGIC!

All of this to say...I want to share one of my all-time-favorites-never-fails soup recipes.

Ingredients:
Chicken Breast (I usually buy about 3)
32oz of chicken broth
1 bag of frozen veggies (I prefer the the corn, pea, and carrot combo)
1 jar of Hatch Green Chile Stew (sold at Central Market)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Optional: pasta or rice (I use gluten free lasagne corte)

Process:
Boil the chicken in the chicken broth until cooked through
Once it's cooked, shred it and put it back into the chicken broth
Add the frozen veggies, stew, and salt and pepper to taste
Cook until the veggies are cooked through and you're done!
Now, if you wanted to add rice or pasta, you would simply cook that separately while the chicken was cooking and add it in with the veggies, stew...etc.

SO easy and warms the soul :)

Very tasty with a white Burgundy I might add...


No comments:

Post a Comment