Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Anxiety for the Future

Who doesn't want a crystal ball? We all wish we knew what are future looked like and because it's not in our control, we focus on what we do not know and freak out.

But, guess what?! God knows our future and it is in His hands...much safer hands than yours or mine!

"Let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting Him" - Hebrews 10:22

Lately, I've really been thinking about my future. Let me rephrase that..."lately, I've really been OVER thinking about my future". You know that old saying: "if you dwell on the past and focus on the future you will miss today"....well I sometimes fall victim to that. I focus so much on planning for tomorrow that I miss today. 

I have under two months left in Italy (this trip!) and I want to make the most of it! Do I know if I am coming back? No. Do I know what I am going to do with my life when I get home? No. But, I must trust that all of this is a part of a wonderful plan that is far better than anything I could ever imagine. 

Every day is a blessing. So, it's important to live like it is. 

I also want to continue to grow in my relationship with the Lord. Sometimes, I become the "work-a-holic" Christian. So, I focus too much on accomplishing goals and tasks. 

"Awaken to the opportunity of coming even closer - of seeking the One you might think you've already found. However familiar you are with Him, He invites an even greater familiarity. Always seek it"

It's important to never "lose intimacy with Him" and never feel like we can not get any closer to the Lord. I want to continue to grow in my faith and in my relationship with Him. 

"Lord, how do I seek You? My heart is turned toward You. I'm grateful for Your Presence, but I want more. Let me find you in new and deeper ways today".

So many wonderful and exciting things to look forward to! Thank you so much for your prayers! Please continue to pray for:
  • That I will not have anxiety about my future
  • If it is the Lords will that I stay in Italy, that He will show me the way. And, if it is not, that He will make that clear
  • For the continued growth in my faith and relationship with the Lord
  • That the Lord will give me the right words to say at the right times and to the right people
Here are some songs I've been listening to (click to listen):
Our God is Greater by Chris Tomlin
Afterlife by Switchfoot
In Christ Alone by Owl City
What Faith Can Do by Kutless
The Way by Jeremy Camp
Faithful by Hawk Nelson

"Spirit of God, You know my future and how it fits with Your Kingdom plans. Please show me enough to draw me into Your purposes. Give me God-sized visions that we can fulfill together"

Arrivederci Ya'll ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment